Kingsland Heritage
Theatre Royal

Royal Theatre

Theatre Royal | 486 New North Road

Built in 1915, the Theatre Royal was one of a number of new suburban theatres built around Auckland at a similar time to serve the entertainment needs of the fast-growing area around Kingsland.

It closed as a cinema in 1978 and was refurbished for its present use in 1995.

Walk 200 metres past examples of the villa and bungalow to the old Fire Station.


          
Switch to desktop site
sc